Main Menu

Battery explosion causes Sheraton fire

Twitter
Visit Us
INSTAGRAM

At approximately 12:09 a.m. Thursday a fire broke out on the fifth floor of the Sheraton Fairplex Hotel on West McKinley Avenue.

The cause was determined to be due to an exploded battery, Los Angeles County Fire Battalion 15 Chief Jesse Vela said.

An occupant staying in the Sheraton is participating in the filming of the television show “America’s Got Talent.”

The occupant’s act includes large remote control vehicles, and one of the vehicle’s batteries reportedly exploded causing the fire.

The hotel was evacuated and the sprinklers were set off.

Some rooms were affected by water damage.

Approximately 30 Univer­sity of La Verne students live in the Sheraton.

No injuries were reported.

–Kat Simonelli

Twitter
Visit Us
INSTAGRAM

, , , ,

Comments are closed.