Police apprehend bomb threat suspect

A teen was taken into custody Wednesday in connection with a bomb threat that prompted the March 24 lockdown at Walnut High School and an evacuation of Mt. San Antonio College, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department reported.

Detectives booked 18-year-old Adrian Mendoza of West Covina for false report of an explosive device, officials said.

A photo of a note stating, “There will be a bomb blown up today both here and Mt. SAC at 2:45 p.m. God be with you all,” was reportedly found at the high school campus.

The Sheriff’s Department responded immediately, locking down the school and sweeping the area.

Mt. SAC administrators decided independently to evacuate students.

Mendoza, a student at both schools, was taken into custody at the Walnut/Diamond Bar Sheriff’s Station and was released on $20,000 bail.

­—Kat Simonelli

Other Stories
Previous article
Next article

Latest Stories

Related articles

Relay team takes win over Mt. SAC

Freshman swimmer Grace Tessitore starts her leg of the women’s 500-yard freestyle relay event against Mt. San Antonio College on Saturday at the La Verne Aquatic Center.

Students need clarity on COVID information

Students of the University of La Verne need access to more information regarding COVID-19. As of this semester, students know that there is a vaccination mandate or a required form to fill out for an exemption. But beyond those requirements, students are lacking what measures to take if they get sick on campus. 

New legislation would regulate retouched photos

California Assemblymember Cristina Garcia, D-Downey, has proposed legislation that requires social media platforms to post a disclaimer on photos that have been retouched for promotional purposes. 

Former ULV student charged with faking racist incidents [UPDATE]

A former University of La Verne student has been charged for making racially motivated threats and for posing as a victim of these threats, and an alleged racially motivated hate crime during spring semester 2019, La Verne police announced during a Monday press conference.