ASULV officers elected

Chanel Kaufman and Tia Brandt were elected president and vice president of the Associated Students of the University of La Verne after polls closed Wednesday.

After a week of campaigning and three days of open voting booths, students also elected senators at large including Cassie Hobbs, Chris Kaelberer, Steven Manila and Noor Wahba.

“We had a good turnout with a total of 321 votes,” said Angie Anderson, administrative assistant for the Office of Student Life and adviser for Election Commissioner Sarah Keagy.

This year’s election marked the first time in several years that there were two candidates for president and vice president. Kaufman and Brandt ran against Jennifer McDonald and Megen Lamb.

Kaufman and Brandt received 189 votes while McDonald and Lamb received 132 votes.

The senators for the College of Arts and Sciences include Tionna Adams and Matt Miller. The senator for the College of Education is Kacey Hall and the senators for the College of Business are Johannes Geist and Graham Keller.

The elected candidates will be taking office starting this summer. The president will take over in July.

As part of the campaigning process, all the candidates were required to provide platforms.

Of the several issues discussed by the candidates, the need for increased student awareness came up.

—Andres Rivera

Andres Rivera, Web Editor
Andres Rivera