Branden del Rio
At roughly 1 p.m., Thursday, a fire alarm went off in the F middle building of the Oaks residence hall.
Kevin Greene, junior theater arts major and resident assistant for the F top building, said that he grabbed the health backpack and evacuated his residents in accordance to procedure.
“I saw a lot of smoke coming from the F middle dorm so I exited my residence and now we’re just out here,” Greene said.
About 1:20 p.m. residents of F top and F bottom were allowed to re-enter the building.
At the same time F middle students were pulled aside to talk to a firefighter.
According to students there was no damage to the building.
Students said the incident may have been caused by noodles or macaroni and cheese burning or exploding in the microwave.
There is also the possibility that the microwave may have malfunctioned and exploded on its own.
The incident is still under investigation.
The RA for F middle, Uvette Vernon, was not in the building at the time.
Branden del Rio can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.