Happenings

‘Fatal Beauty’

The College of Law Gallery will feature “Fatal Beauty: The Border and the Sonoran Desert” Tuesday through May 15. The exhibit is student generated and will include photos of the U.S. and Mexican border. An artists’ reception will be held at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday at the College of Law Gallery.

Broadway Gala

Mountainside Master Chorale, directed by University of La Verne Director of Choral Activities and Vocal Studies Irene Messoloras, will host a Broadway Gala at 3 p.m. March 18 at Taylor Hall in Claremont. The free event is themed by famous Broadway plays and will feature refreshments and live and silent auctions to fundraiser for the Chorale. For more information, visit mountainsidemasterchorale.org.

Art Mart

Handmade arts and crafts will be for sale 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday at the Packing House in Claremont at 520 W. First St. For more information visit thevillageclaremont.com.

Shop Downtown

Art galleries, antique stores, and restaurants will participate in the Shop Downtown event in Pomona to help residents get to know their surrounding community. The event will be held 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday in Shaun Diamond Plaza in Pomona.

Art Walk

Every second Saturday of the month more than three dozen galleries will host receptions of their most recent work. Art will include ceramics, painting and photography. The next Art Walk will be held from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. March 11 in downtown Pomona.

—Staff Reports

Other Stories

The Campus Times is the weekly student newspaper for the University of La Verne.

Previous articleOn the Calendar
Next articleOld bookstore building sold